Olympics and NGWS Day

Have you been watching the Olympics??  I have.  The athletes are pretty incredible, and I always find the winter games so fascinating.  I'm not a 'winter sports' person myself-  I don't ski or snowboard and I can hardly skate (emphasis on the word 'hardly').  The sports all seem to have an element of danger, which is different than most of the summer games.  The downhill events and the lugers are traveling faster than the national speed limit on our highways!!  Definitely adds an intensity and curiousity that some of the summer games might lack.

I'm particularly excited to watch the USA hockey teams.  (the women won yesterday 13-0!!!)  I'm hoping they both do well, and as you might imagine, I'm a big fan of team sports!!  Go USA hockey!!

Here on campus the winter sports are gearing up for their post-season play, while the spring sports have all just begun.  I'm helping with the softball team. 

The volleyball team is focusing on their off season training.  They are lifting in the weight room and playing volleyball as often as they can.

Kristen, Penelope, and Maya joined me at Hopewell Elementary School in South Glastonbury, CT for National Girls and Women in Sports Day.  We taught 4th and 5th graders some volleyball.  It was quite an experience.  I think everyone had fun.

No comments: